BlueWater Reporting - Educational Workshops & Advisory ServicesBlueWater Reporting uses advanced business intelligence tools to draw from American Shipper’s and ComPair Data’s wealth of global containerized ocean freight intelligence for a broad range of clients’ needs. Our customized advisory services put information into meaningful context for clients, helping them gain a competitive advantage through a deeper understanding of the issues and trends that are driving their businesses.
The BlueWater team leverages more than 100 years of collective experience in global ocean transportation to conduct online or in-person workshops and continuing advisory services designed to expand on the concepts within this report that relate specifically to your business processes.
BlueWater Reporting provides half-day workshops delivered live either in-person or online. Workshops are custom designed to meet the educational requirements of each client.
Clients who will find these workshops particularly useful include:
- Supply chain managers who are new to ocean freight.
- Experts in ocean freight who struggle to communicate with executives with no background in the industry.
- Technology and other service providers that are designing products and services for the ocean market.
- Executives with new investors or shareholders who lack a basic understanding of ocean freight.
Each BlueWater Reporting workshop includes:
- Scoping session used to gauge your specific needs and tailor the correct presentation and on-giong advisory track.
- An interactive presentation providing a comprehensive overview of the market (see outline below).
- Question and answer session with the BlueWater team.
- A copy of the presentation and recording of the workshop in MP4 file format for future reference.
- Monthly or quarterly updates on topics covered available to clients through BlueWater Reporting Advisory services.
A typical workshop provided by BlueWater Reporting will cover:
- Ocean market players and roles.
- History of containerization.
- Underlying complexities of containerized ocean freight, including:
- Shipper/carrier relationships.
- Rise of the "mega shipper".
- Growing trade imbalances.
- Multimodal, multi-leg shipments.
- Reliability and variability in ocean services.
- The changing role of 3PLs.
- Equipment types and uses.
- Contract structures.
- Rate structures and surcharges.
- Rate and other indexes.
- Sailing schedules.
- Differences between import, export and foreign-to-foreign shipments.
- Differences between FCL and LCL.
- Laws and regulations
- Procure-to-pay lifecycle.
- Technology, including booking, visibility, TM and settlement.